ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

9 Posts | Page(s): 1 

ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by Rosalia on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried Essiac tea. I have adenocarcinoma of the right lung spread to the pleura and malignant pleural effusion. I have had one round of chemotherapy ( caroplatin and gemcitabine). the cancer has stopped growing and the fluid is now being controlled by a pleurodesis. In general I am doing good. I am seeing a nathuropath and he has given me to take twice a day ESSIAC TEA. This plant extract is supposed to make the cancer cells swell at first and then (after 3 months) make shrink.  I have been taking it since the end of July and in a scan I had in September there was indication that the cancer was slightly progressing. In November a new CT scan showed no change. This made me think that perhaps the Essiac tea was doing its work. My next CT Scan is at the end of February so I will have to wait an see hopefully the cancer will shrink. I would very much appreciate anyone who has used Essiac tea lo let me know if they have had any good results.

thank you

Rosalia  

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by catmisskitty on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 12/15/2007 praying for a miracle #1 wrote:

Has anyone tried Essiac tea. I have adenocarcinoma of the right lung spread to the pleura and malignant pleural effusion. I have had one round of chemotherapy ( caroplatin and gemcitabine). the cancer has stopped growing and the fluid is now being controlled by a pleurodesis. In general I am doing good. I am seeing a nathuropath and he has given me to take twice a day ESSIAC TEA. This plant extract is supposed to make the cancer cells swell at first and then (after 3 months) make shrink.  I have been taking it since the end of July and in a scan I had in September there was indication that the cancer was slightly progressing. In November a new CT scan showed no change. This made me think that perhaps the Essiac tea was doing its work. My next CT Scan is at the end of February so I will have to wait an see hopefully the cancer will shrink. I would very much appreciate anyone who has used Essiac tea lo let me know if they have had any good results.

thank you

Rosalia  


 

Dear friend, My mother used it with her breast cancer, she was 80 when she got it. She chose to only use that after her mastectomy. Even tho the docs had said that she really needed chemo as the cancer was everywhere. She got up every morning, had the tea religiously. Went back a year later, was tested, and the docs said"whatever you are doing ,just keep it up as it is working."She died six years later, of something totally unrelated. Understand, that I do not subscribe to telling you to only do this.I do tell you to used this in conjunction with the chemo.  I have a husband with stage four adeano lung cancer, just diagnosed on July 13, 07. We have been through the ringer with this. If I had stayed here in Seattle with the doctors here, I would be burying my husband this week. As it stands, the tumors are gone from both of the lungs, nothing left on the brain, we still will need to find out if the tumors on the adrenals are gone, and also the mets to the ribs. We will find that out on our next visit to the Cancer Treatment Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma where my husband is being treated. We still have three more treatments  of chemo. His biggest problem is that he coughs all the time. It is either radiation pneumonia or pneumonia . Either way his quality of life is very poor right now. But we have hope. Do you have this same cough? Some times it is hard for him to catch his breath, as there is something down there, fairly small amounts of mucus. Anyway, I hope this was helpful. Continue on with your combination treatments. We all know that the only way one will be healed from any cancer, is through the combination of alopathic and naturopathicin combination with one another. Here in Seattle it is hard to find them under one roof working together. You almost need them to work together, as some supplements can interact with the chemo or other treatments in a bad way. Anyway, I hope that this was helpful. If you have any ideas about my husbands coughing, let me know. Virginia

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by Rosalia on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Virginia, Thank you for your answer. To hear about your mother's success story made my day. I am sorry to hear that your husband too has this terrible disease. When I say why me I choose to think that God has elected me to go through this in this life so I perhaps can redeem my soul and earn his forgiveness. This helps me to maintain a positive attitude. I pray a lot and although I know that anything could happen any moment I always ask for a miracle. So far this miracle has been happening, since my prognosis was six months. Six months are past and gone and I am still here, in good spirits. Tell your husband to pray (he probably already does) and to have faith. Miracles can happen!. The fact itself that some of his tumors are shrinking or gone is a very good sign.  I take ESSIAC TEA in a liquid form mixed with either hot water to make a tea cup or diluted in a little cold water. I do have a cough but nothing like what you describe your husband has. I only cough occasionally or when my throat gets dry. I do not bring up any mucus. I do remember though that just  before I was diagnosed in October 2006 the thickle in my throat had suddenly become like whooping cough. The naturopath I am seeing gave me some herbal remedies that were part of detox program and my cough went back to be a thickle in the throat. Right now it sound less dry with some kind of back whistle. It lasts only a short while and I have no breathing problems. May be you could ask your naturopath.

Virginia I also want to tell you that my doctor  told me too : keep on doing whatever you are doing it seems to be working for you. But before I started the Essiac tea I had been taking  and still am 20 mg of melatonin every night (4 pills of 5mg each a one hour distance). This was suggested by an acquaintance of mine who is a doctor who had cancer himsef and made a deep study on it.  Melatonin is better known to be taken for sleep problems but it has been found to have anticancer properties. Go to www.lef.org/LEFCMS/aspx/PrintVersionMagic.aspx?CmsID=111159 if you cannot get through this web site just type  : report on melatonin and cancer treatment by Eileen M. Lynch and you will get the page with all the websites. I was taking many herbal medicines before I started chemo last year. Melatonin was the only one my oncologist accepted  for me to take during chemo the rest she did not know so I stopped taking them. I have been off chemo since April so I started again the herbal stuff. I would like to hear from you again: is your husband taking Essiac tea as well ?

My very best wishes for your husband. But take care of yourself too.

Rosalia

 

 

 

 

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by catmisskitty on Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
Rosalia, No my husband is not yet on Essiac, as his Naturopathic doctor is providing things that will not react with his particular chemotherapy. But he will be, if  I have anything to do with it. He is actually doing real well, with exception to the continual cough. That we will address when we go back to Tulsa, Ok.,  for our big exam to find out if there is any cancer left at all. At that time, if he is still coughing, I will leave him there and if they have to keep him and experiment on him to get the coughing to subside, so be it. It is probably the only place I wil ever trust to take care of cancer patients. Our friends that we met down there from Austrailia, just got an all clear, no cancer left, and are going home. She too, was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer, in June 2007.We are so happy for them. The other thing that I am doing for my husband is to feed him wheatgrass juice, and a blend of carrot, apple, celery, and ginger juice, daily. They are great healers of any disease. I got the green power juicer, from E-Bay. They normally sell for around 500.I paid 160. Such a deal. It works for both wheatgrass, and everything else. That is something else that you should think about. Anyway, good luck to you in your path. I beleive that it will be a combination of things that work for this. Positive attitude, and prayer, being at the top of the list. God Bless you. Virginia

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by Nancy3 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
I too had a terrible cough and it turned out to be pneumonia. That was in September and I am still on 2L of oxygen because of scar tissue from the cancer and pneumonia which prevent my lungs from properly expand. I still have a little cough but it is more like the tickle type.

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by Shemay on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
All of your messages are very encouraging. I would just like to add one thing. There are many cancer patients who are being cured using only alternative treatments. I am one...and I personally know of many others including a terminal prostate cancer patient, alive today after being told he had only three weeks to live back in December 2006 and a young lady considered terminal with a brain tumor by her oncologists back in mid 2006 and now still showing no signs of disease either. It is my understanding that allpoathic treatment weakens and even destroys the immune system and it is exactly a strong immune system that we need to fight and destroy all invaders. I began using Essiac twice a day on the advice of my Naturopath when I was diagnosed in May2004 and continue to use it once every other day now as maintenance. Best wishes and continued good health to everyone Shemay

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by Rosalind on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Virginia,

My mother also has the cough you described.  Not all the time, but at least two major bouts a day that can last as long as an hour.  If you find anything that helps, could you please let me know?   Rosalind

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by catmisskitty on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 12/17/2007 Shemay wrote:

All of your messages are very encouraging. I would just like to add one thing. There are many cancer patients who are being cured using only alternative treatments. I am one...and I personally know of many others including a terminal prostate cancer patient, alive today after being told he had only three weeks to live back in December 2006 and a young lady considered terminal with a brain tumor by her oncologists back in mid 2006 and now still showing no signs of disease either. It is my understanding that allpoathic treatment weakens and even destroys the immune system and it is exactly a strong immune system that we need to fight and destroy all invaders. I began using Essiac twice a day on the advice of my Naturopath when I was diagnosed in May2004 and continue to use it once every other day now as maintenance. Best wishes and continued good health to everyone Shemay

Shemay, Oh yes, what you are saying is true. If I were to be diagnosed today with any cancer, I would be the first to line up with a great naturopathis doctor, and go all natural. Yes, we know that cancer comes into our body, when we have an imbalance, and if we just balance out everything, it will fall back into place. I wish I could have convinced my husband, but ala, he was probably correct to go his own way on this one, as the tumor was so aggressive, that it would have closed off his breathing in a matter of a couple of months. He was a stage four small cell lung cancer.Yes he has weakened his immune system, but these aggressive tumors are gone, for now.For now being the opperative word. We will have to build him back up brick by brick. Again, if it were me I would go natural. I hope you are successful in what you are doing. I know that in the end, having kept to naturo only will be the best, for staying free of this disease. There is so much out there that is good, but is drug through the mud by pharmicutical  companies who know that these natural methods work, but until they can produce the same likeness in a drug that they can charge thousands of dollars for, you will not see a cure for cancer from them.Look into DMSO and Cesium Cloride Think 200 billion dollars a year. That is what cancer brings in to hospitals. Do you think that they want to cure it.? Sounds cruel, huh. How would they replace that money if they cured it. They wouldn't.  Anywasy, it sounds like you are on a good path. Stay strong, pray always, be a little bit selfish when it comes to you taking care of your body first. Virginia

RE: ESSIAC TEA - CANADIAN FRIENDS

by catmisskitty on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 12/18/2007 Rosalind wrote:

Virginia,

My mother also has the cough you described.  Not all the time, but at least two major bouts a day that can last as long as an hour.  If you find anything that helps, could you please let me know?   Rosalind

Rosalind, Yes, I will scream it from the mountaintops. That is one of the hardest things about this disease is that he sometimes has trouble catching his breath, turns red. Many times I thought it was all over. It can be very scary. Virginia

 

9 Posts | Page(s): 1 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

CancerCompass Survey

If you were considering traveling for cancer treatment, which headline would you find more interesting?

Get $75 for taking a research survey

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.