2009

9 Posts | Page(s): 1 

2009

by Ever4015 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and let you know, so far I am doing good after almost 5 mths post op from Ivor Lewis surgery. I hope 2009 brings us all good health and good test results. I have many scheduled for January and am a bit nervous as I have not yet been told I am "Cancer Free," so I think of it daily as I am sure many of us do. Anyway I wanted to Thank everyone for helping through the last nine months, especially, Cyclist, doingfine, Phil A and Staci. Have a great 2009.

Take Care and Be Positive

Evelyn 

RE: 2009

by Phil_A on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
Happy New Year Evelyn and everyone on the board. Good luck with all your upcoming test and I pray they all return NED. I have a few spots on both lungs that I read on one of my reports that they have been monitering that I was not aware of. I will call and ask this Friday but until then, I will put it aside. Good Luck.  Phil A.

RE: 2009

by sheila7 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 1/1/2009 Phil A. wrote:

Happy New Year Evelyn and everyone on the board. Good luck with all your upcoming test and I pray they all return NED. I have a few spots on both lungs that I read on one of my reports that they have been monitering that I was not aware of. I will call and ask this Friday but until then, I will put it aside. Good Luck.  Phil A.

Happy new year to you and also Great news keep up the good work I myself is starting to feel better still hurts my my incision but that to will get better in time I will be celebrating 2 months since my surgery. lets try to keep in contact and find out how all of us are doing have a great 2009 to all of us, lord knows we deserve it  sheila7

RE: 2009

by Cyclist on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 1/1/2009 Ever4015 wrote:

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and let you know, so far I am doing good after almost 5 mths post op from Ivor Lewis surgery. I hope 2009 brings us all good health and good test results. I have many scheduled for January and am a bit nervous as I have not yet been told I am "Cancer Free," so I think of it daily as I am sure many of us do. Anyway I wanted to Thank everyone for helping through the last nine months, especially, Cyclist, doingfine, Phil A and Staci. Have a great 2009.

Take Care and Be Positive

Evelyn 

Thanks Evelyn,

Happy New Year to everyone on this board. Let's hope we all have a great 2009.

 Phil A., get good news Friday.

Sheila, good idea - keeping in touch. I wish we could somehow have a reception somewhere so we could all meet.

Good Luck, KEEP MOVING, and Laugh Much,

Steve

 

 

RE: 2009

by doingfine on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Thank you Evelyn.  Happy New Year to you and to everyone on the Board. I am glad you are doing pretty well.  Let us hope that 2009 brings lots of good health to all.  Keep smiling  : - )

Barbara

RE: 2009

by ngc1514 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Just found this place and thought I'd say "Hello."

 I am an 8+ year survivor of esophageal cancer.  Diagnosis in October 2000 was followed by chemo (5FU, Taxol and Cisplatin) and radiation with a "chemo boost" of 5FU, Taxol and Carboplatin  Surgery was an Ivor Lewis performed in April 2001.  

 A few bumps in the road since then, but cancer has not been one of them.

We have a small EC support group in the Atlanta area and would like to invite anyone near Atlanta to let me know and I'll add you to the mailing list.  We get together every couple of months for lunch and have an EC Picnic in October.

If I can answer any questions, please do not hesitate to write.

 Eric

 

RE: 2009

by Cyclist on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 1/3/2009 ngc1514 wrote:

Just found this place and thought I'd say "Hello."

 I am an 8+ year survivor of esophageal cancer.  Diagnosis in October 2000 was followed by chemo (5FU, Taxol and Cisplatin) and radiation with a "chemo boost" of 5FU, Taxol and Carboplatin  Surgery was an Ivor Lewis performed in April 2001.  

 A few bumps in the road since then, but cancer has not been one of them.

We have a small EC support group in the Atlanta area and would like to invite anyone near Atlanta to let me know and I'll add you to the mailing list.  We get together every couple of months for lunch and have an EC Picnic in October.

If I can answer any questions, please do not hesitate to write.

 Eric

 

Hey Eric,

Welcome to the group. The price of admission is a little steep but the people are great.

I wish we had an EC support group near Dayton or Springfield, Ohio. I don't feel I need the support, at this point, but I believe that, maybe, I could help some newbies.

Good Luck, KEEP MOVING, and Laugh Much,

Steve

 

 

RE: 2009

by Phil_A on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
I finally spoke with my surgeons physician assistant about the nodules on my right and left lung. She informed me, that they are 3mm in size and one was there during chemo/rad and the other just noticed on my CT scan and that the radiology dept. has been monitering them and will continue with my next scan in March. I asked why I was not informed about them and they stated they appear to be nothing to worry about. I am a little releaved by not totally convinced yet. (haha) I will request additional test if their are any changes whatsoever in size on the next scan. I posted this to keep you informed.  Phil A.

RE: 2009

by Cyclist on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 1/6/2009 Phil A. wrote:

I finally spoke with my surgeons physician assistant about the nodules on my right and left lung. She informed me, that they are 3mm in size and one was there during chemo/rad and the other just noticed on my CT scan and that the radiology dept. has been monitering them and will continue with my next scan in March. I asked why I was not informed about them and they stated they appear to be nothing to worry about. I am a little releaved by not totally convinced yet. (haha) I will request additional test if their are any changes whatsoever in size on the next scan. I posted this to keep you informed.  Phil A.

Thanks for letting us know, Phil. I'm sure you will get more good news in March.

 Steve 

 

9 Posts | Page(s): 1 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

CancerCompass Survey

If you were considering traveling for cancer treatment, which headline would you find more interesting?

Get $75 for taking a research survey

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.