Although most said they'd let their physician know if asked, survey finds
by margaret3 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 05:09 PM
Thank you, yes it is awful sitting and watching. I go to all of my dads appointments with him * sit in the waiting room while he has radio etc. Its hard seeing all the people effected by this monster :(
I am about to order some protocel, as I have been told it has a 12 month shelf life. So hoefully he will be able to start it after chemo...
The waiting is terrible isn't it :(
by lyncs88 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 04:11 AM
by lyncs88 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 01:36 AM
Ultrasound this morning confirmed lymph nodes are still unchanged in size since 6 months ago (not bigger but still swollen). Sternum bone metastasis SMALLER!!!! I think the lymph nodes will still be up because they're getting rid of all the dissolving cancer from the protocel. My sister is in such good spirits :D
She is still breastfeeding her baby so was reluctant to start paw paw capsules till now that he's a bit older - she said she will give them a try not and see if they cause him discomfort otherwise she will keep at it :)
I would recommend Protocel to ANYONE!!!!
by margaret3 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 02:58 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO pleased I have been thinking of you all day & whether you might have posted the results. I am so happy, I'm going to tell my dad right now!!!
Thank you so much for sharing, that was the little last thing I needed I am going to order him some this weekend.
Good luck to you & your sister I hope she continues to do so well xxx
by margaret3 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 03:04 PM
The problem I have is, my dad is set on carrying on with the current chemo he is doing (he's only been on it a week, but he had it previously and it didn't work.)
He is also 7 days into a 25 day radiotherapy programme.
I have read that you can take Protocel whilst on chemo, but it stops it from working because of how chemo attacks the immune system. If he takes it after, and then they scan him after radiotherapy its going to show things have got larger probably - I don't know whether to start him on it now, or wait. I want to start it now but I don't know it would be advisable with chemo really.
I want to get it in him, I'm scared the timing will be wrong. Did your sisters doctors know she was taking Protocel? I get the feeling they would not approve of it here...
by Easterling on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 PM
Hi.............My name is Pat and I saw your question on Protocel. I am reading a book called .....Out Smart Your Cancer.........I was diagnosed with Breast and Lymph cancer . That was in Dec. of 08. I went to a place called Hallelujah Acres and learned how to change my eating habbits. It is a lifestyle change. Lots of raw veggies and fruit and juicing a lot of greens.I use Kale and a few carotts. 8 -8oz. glasses a day. It helps to detox your body and is very healing. Was doing good till I fell last year and bkokw my hip. It was downhill after that. I had tests done and recieved the results this past Tues. I now have a spot on my lungs and liver. I have read a lot of this book and from the testimonies and the Cd that comes with this book I plan to try this Protocel. It has really impressed me from the testimonies. I advise the book to you and listen to the cd. I haev starteds back on this and in just 2 days my energy is really good and the tumor has shrunk some in my left breast. I will pray for you and your husband adn hope you make the right choice..........Please keep me informed if you do not mind..............Pat
by lyncs88 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 01:46 AM
Margaret, I would say get him onto the protocel ASAP - the more time you can get him taking it the better. Protocel has a forum with LOADS of people posting questions and answers about it. I read on that for hours every day. Perhaps if you knew what the chemo is called you could go search on there for an answer?
Good luck@!!! Thinking of you too Pat - protocel is great stuff and you're already on the right track with diet. My sister is doing organic unprocessed diet, very limited gluten and refined starches, not too much vit C and foods on the list to avoid with protocel, lots of exercise as well and cutting out all products containing harmful ingredients on her skin and body. No sodium laureth sulphate, no parabens, mineral oil etc etc.
by lyncs88 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 01:53 AM
I would say get him on protocel asap - the more time he can be on it the better! If you know what the chemo he is taking is called perhaps you could go on the protocel forum and look up what others have found? There are loads of questions and answers from people all over the world taking it.
Good luck to you and your dad. Thinking of you also Pat - you're on the right track with your diet. My sister is doing the raw unprocessed diet, limited dairy, limited gluten and refined starches, not too much Vit C and other things listed on the protocel site
As well as plenty of exercise every day.
by lyncs88 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 01:55 AM
by margaret3 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 07:52 PM
Hi, sorry for the delay! My dad is on Cisplatin & Xeloda for the next 3 weeks then it stops.
He has today learnt that his chemo will stop when the radiotherapy stops, on 21 Jul. He was expecting a third cycle, but apparently because it is chemo/radio they only run it at the same time as radio. They then have said they will give him a CT scan 8 weeks after the radiotherapy stops. From what I have read, if he has this scan it will likely not look good because of the early changes Protocel can make to tumours. If he started Protocel whilst still on chemo within the next couple of weeks when it arrives, do you think this would still be the case or do you think that it would have possibly settled down by then? Only he is now saying maybe he should wait unil after the scan to take it so they can see what effect the chemo/radio have had but obviously that is several weeks of not taking it which worries me. Should we delay the scan? And if so how long do you think for?
I don't want him to delay taking it, I've ordered it & am waiting for it to arrive - but I also don't want him to have a scan that may look like the tumour is bigger and then it'll put him off taking it?! I have read they can double in size in the first few weeks & obv the doc will be hoping the radiotherapy has shrank it....!?
What do you think?? Thanks, Pam
When you track a discussion, you will get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to track this discussion?
If you stop tracking this discussion, you will no longer get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to stop tracking this discussion?
We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.