Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

7 Posts | Page(s): 1 

Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by michper5555 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:58 PM

Quote | Reply

Hi, my good friend has a secondary liver cancer, stage 4. She was treated with chemotherapy and radiation. She has a Lymphoma (Hodgkins) stage 4 and then it was discovered that the liver is also affected with metastasis.
by now, after all the chemo and radiotions treatments it seems as the lympoma retreating and these are the good news. the bad news are that the liver metastasis continue to spreadout, aggressively. I am worried, praying for her and trying to find some hope.

I have few questions... Is anyone familiar with someone that has cured from a secondary liver cancer,stage 4? is it possible, at all? do you know anyone that had cured from this type and stage of cancer?
Is there is any hope at all, in this situation? is the only hope is to elliminate the spreadout of the metastasis? in case she will be "cured", does this means she will need to live with the cancer? Thanks.

RE: Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by smoser on Thu Aug 04, 2011 02:04 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jul 09, 2011 10:58 PM michper5555 wrote:

Hi, my good friend has a secondary liver cancer, stage 4. She was treated with chemotherapy and radiation. She has a Lymphoma (Hodgkins) stage 4 and then it was discovered that the liver is also affected with metastasis.
by now, after all the chemo and radiotions treatments it seems as the lympoma retreating and these are the good news. the bad news are that the liver metastasis continue to spreadout, aggressively. I am worried, praying for her and trying to find some hope.

I have few questions... Is anyone familiar with someone that has cured from a secondary liver cancer,stage 4? is it possible, at all? do you know anyone that had cured from this type and stage of cancer?
Is there is any hope at all, in this situation? is the only hope is to elliminate the spreadout of the metastasis? in case she will be "cured", does this means she will need to live with the cancer? Thanks.

My story is : a year ago I learned after being a breast cancer survivor for a decade the cancer returned as stage 4 with metastasis to liver and bone. My onc said that there is no cure for stage four and a person can live a long time (5 years or 10 yrs) no one can predict longevity. I have been taking a small pill daily called Femara. My cancercell markers are normal (below 38) It is true that Famara will run its course and the onc willprescribe something else for me. I feel great. Aug 29th I will have the annual bone scan and CT to take a look inside my body. I feel positive, I live a positive life. I feel and know attitude is a main ingrediant for wellness. Keep us posted about your friend and give her my message.

Warm Regards,

Susan

St. Louis

RE: Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by michper5555 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 08:11 PM

Quote | Reply

Thank you Susan. I wish you lot of health.

I'll keep you updated regarding my freind.

Thx

RE: Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by smoser on Fri Aug 05, 2011 01:27 PM

Quote | Reply

On Aug 04, 2011 8:11 PM michper5555 wrote:

Thank you Susan. I wish you lot of health.

I'll keep you updated regarding my freind.

Thx

I will keep you posted. I also use a valuable tool known as guided imagery. In 1974 I created, author a series of such tapes; now converted on CD's . The series are stress-busters, I take you ona beautiful, peaceful jouney of positive, soft words to place a person's mind , body & spirit in Alpha State.

I have my infusion today and plan on introducing my series to the nurses and social worker at St. Johns cancer/infusion center.

Have a great day!

Susan

 

RE: Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by michper5555 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 09:20 PM

Quote | Reply

Hi,

 Unfortunately, there is no improvement in my friend’s health.

Actually, it seems that medicine does not help her.

She suffers so much. I pray for her and for a miracle.
I hope I will be able to update with some good news. 

RE: Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by cancerisbad on Sun Apr 01, 2012 02:03 AM

Quote | Reply

hi michepr5555

my husband has stage 4 bowel and liver cancer he has had surgury of the bowel and had 68 percent of his liver removed and they found 2 more tumers back in the liver he is doing very well he is on the avastin for 12d best of luck cicyles and then he is going for more surgary soon so please dont give up the doctor told me that he had a paitent that hade 2 liver ops and still going strong and im not giveing up without a big big fight im only 33 years old and we as a team are fighting this till the end best of luck

RE: Stage 4 - Secondary liver cancer

by archie29 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 01:54 PM

Quote | Reply

On Aug 04, 2011 2:04 PM smoser wrote:

On Jul 09, 2011 10:58 PM michper5555 wrote:

Hi, my good friend has a secondary liver cancer, stage 4. She was treated with chemotherapy and radiation. She has a Lymphoma (Hodgkins) stage 4 and then it was discovered that the liver is also affected with metastasis.
by now, after all the chemo and radiotions treatments it seems as the lympoma retreating and these are the good news. the bad news are that the liver metastasis continue to spreadout, aggressively. I am worried, praying for her and trying to find some hope.

I have few questions... Is anyone familiar with someone that has cured from a secondary liver cancer,stage 4? is it possible, at all? do you know anyone that had cured from this type and stage of cancer?
Is there is any hope at all, in this situation? is the only hope is to elliminate the spreadout of the metastasis? in case she will be "cured", does this means she will need to live with the cancer? Thanks.

My story is : a year ago I learned after being a breast cancer survivor for a decade the cancer returned as stage 4 with metastasis to liver and bone. My onc said that there is no cure for stage four and a person can live a long time (5 years or 10 yrs) no one can predict longevity. I have been taking a small pill daily called Femara. My cancercell markers are normal (below 38) It is true that Famara will run its course and the onc willprescribe something else for me. I feel great. Aug 29th I will have the annual bone scan and CT to take a look inside my body. I feel positive, I live a positive life. I feel and know attitude is a main ingrediant for wellness. Keep us posted about your friend and give her my message.

Warm Regards,

Susan

St. Louis

Susan ,I wish you very best of health.

I jsut want to get some insight into it as my mother has been diagnosed with liver lesions ( a year after mastectomy).

Were your lesions painful?

My mother has lot of pain on the right side ,with bloating and irritability. Is it true that painful lesions are NOT cancerous.Her ultrasound has shown fatty infiltration in a span of 3 months.It was absent in Oct scan b ut when it was checked in Jan fatty infitraion was observed along with lesions.

Kindly enighten me,right now Im anxious and being away from her what I can do is just try to find a solution.

God Bless!!

7 Posts | Page(s): 1 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

CancerCompass Survey

If you were considering traveling for cancer treatment, which headline would you find more interesting?

Get $75 for taking a research survey

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.