by Cristiana on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 PM
Actually the BSI 210 was found(last month ) NOT to be a Parp Inhibitor, actually they do not know how it really acts but they are sure of its good activity as an anti-tumoral drug. It has to be taken along with the Temodar, before Avastin. Those who have taken Avastin are not accepted in the Trial.
As all vaccines , so far, have not proved their efficacy ( but I pray everyday for THE drug ) is a very good choice this one. It is extremely well tolerated.
If I can be of any help please just let me know.
by jadajag on Thu Feb 02, 2012 01:54 AM
Cristiana, why is the BSI 210 not given if you have had Avastin?
by Cristiana on Thu Feb 02, 2012 03:36 AM
Vicky I am not sure but that's the protocol.
I think Avastin is used after some other medications.
I am seeing with my own eyes that is a GOOD medication , who knows it is not something we've been waiting for ??
I want for you what I wish for me !!
by cdolive4 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 05:25 AM
Everyone, thank you for the input. We have thought about the vaccines, but without being sure that it's tumor rather than necrosis, it's difficult to know if we can go that route. We have not had any genetic testing done on the tumor. Dave is doing well and could travel, but since we live in Texas, the additional travel costs could really add up if we go somewhere else, since there are many follow-up visits with different trials and vaccines.
We have been and continue to be very impressed with MD Anderson, and are happy to stay there - I was just wondering about information on this specific trial compared to others.
Dr. Lang, who is running it, said that so far they have had 24 people on it, and overall, they have done very well. One woman is 16 months out from her initial recurrence with no sign of a new recurrence.
I'm sure that somewhere between the vaccines, immuno and virotherapy, there will be an answer, but since nobody knows which one it is, it seems like we have to gather as much information as possible and then pray about it and go forward in faith.
This is a roller coaster, and we're all trying to figure out how to come to the end of the ride safely. It's great that we can all help one another along the journey.
GBMhubby, I just wanted to say thanks for all of the detailed information you contribute - I've learned a lot from reading your posts (and others as well) but I appreciate that yours are referenced and it gives me a good starting point for more research.
by HubbyhasGBM on Mon Feb 13, 2012 03:50 AM
I read a lot of information on the Delta 24 trial and it appeared to be very promising. A couple things I would check on: 1) did you read how often you must commit to subsequent testing at their hospital, and would such continued testing be affordable to do? We live in Colorado, so the travel to MDA would be costly; 2) Are they sharing any of the current clinical data from those who started this trial many months ago? The primary importance is that there are other scientific articles that suggest the successful tests done on mice are not translating to humans in a significant way with GBM. Apparently there are several studies that offered glowing results for mice, but failed to deliver similar results with humans. This trial has been open for a long enough period of time that they ought to have some indication of the performance; and 3) If they offered the Delta 24 Trial to you, then apparently you have the correct methylation status, but if you were just reading about it, I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that they preferred methylated patients, not unmethylated ones, so that might require double-checking; and 4) will the radiation damage his cognitive/physical ability to the point long-term survival will not be what you imagine?
At any rate, kudo's to you for searching it out. I got really excited about that trial, but we have not had recurrence yet, so we are encouraged to wait until that happens. In the meantime, I continue to research everything that could be helpful.
by cdolive4 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 06:24 AM
by siblingof on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:50 PM
by hmugm9 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:01 PM
I agree with Huxley, that a vaccine would be the best choice. Unfortunately ICT-107 and DCVax are for newly diagnosed only. There are two other recurrent vaccines that you could look into TVAX and CDX-110. These are both in phase II. The CDX-110 testing can be done by filling out a form and faxing it to a hospital in Florida. If interested I can send you the contact info for the phone consent.
by hmugm9 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:06 PM
Sorry to for you loss. I posted the last message not having read all the replies. So sorry.
When you track a discussion, you will get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to track this discussion?
If you stop tracking this discussion, you will no longer get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to stop tracking this discussion?
Did you or your loved one seek a second opinion before starting cancer treatment?
No, but we got a second opinion after we started treatment
We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.