Women who don't have BRCA mutations could have other high-risk genes that affect treatment choices
by Alexey on Tue Mar 20, 2012 09:00 AM
My father (75 years old) was brought in hospital due to bleeding . After examination it was found last stage (4th stage) of stomach cancer.Metast asis were found in liver.Doctor offered local surgery in order to stop bleeding. We understand that such operation will not change anything. Can you advise what is better: to accept surgery or to take father from hospital ( if second variant what pharmacy/treatment can you recomend in order to prolong and ease my father's live. Your adise will be highly appreciated
by muigi84 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 01:29 PM
Is he able to walk or is he bed bound? If able, I would seek a second opinion. I know that sometimes people do radiation to stop the bleeding. People have also done well with chemo. But since I'm not a professional and there are many variables, I think that if you can, seek multiple opinions from dr's that can review the entire case. There's also a nerve block procedure that can help with pain. To decide to go forward with surgery/ treatment or not is a personal decision. If it is a serious procedure, it might be best to just focus on making things comfortable.
by Alexey on Tue Mar 20, 2012 02:23 PM
thank You for your answer. He can walk without problem and operation is not an option for him as it does not change anything . We started to consider alternative variants which can help or it is better to say to ease his live .
When you track a discussion, you will get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to track this discussion?
If you stop tracking this discussion, you will no longer get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to stop tracking this discussion?
We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.