Cyberknife Treatments

14 Posts | Page(s): 1 2  Next 

Cyberknife Treatments

by sheann on Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:19 PM

Quote | Reply

After 16 sessions of folfirinox I got good results but know the cancer in the pancreas and liver is showing its ugly head, I will be starting folfirinox again tomorrow in the hope it will work again but I am also looking into cyberknife, any information or advice regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Sheann

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by lucky2Bhere on Mon Jan 21, 2013 07:18 PM

Quote | Reply

I've never had folfirnox, or cyberknife, but hang in there, prayers coming your way. God Bless you! (((hugs))) candy

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by Solutions on Mon Jan 21, 2013 07:50 PM

Quote | Reply

Hello Sheann,

What I am hearing is not good at all.

I my opinion I sincerely believe CyberKnife Radiosurgery will not be an option or a choice of the doctors. Also it sounds like your cancer is spreading... Chemo may or may not help...everyone is different and their body reacts defferently to Chemo drugs. I hope a chemo session will help you. As you know first hand cancer in the pancreas and also in the liver very serious business.

I wish you all the best. The only advise I can pass on to you is to stay as positive as possible...ask you doctor an bunch of questions and make sure they tell you every thing. Do not allow them to get away with simple answers....you want the truth and tell them that.

Again, I wish you all the best.

Leonard from Alamo California

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by sheann on Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:07 AM

Quote | Reply

On Jan 21, 2013 7:50 PM Solutions wrote:

Hello Sheann,

What I am hearing is not good at all.

I my opinion I sincerely believe CyberKnife Radiosurgery will not be an option or a choice of the doctors. Also it sounds like your cancer is spreading... Chemo may or may not help...everyone is different and their body reacts defferently to Chemo drugs. I hope a chemo session will help you. As you know first hand cancer in the pancreas and also in the liver very serious business.

I wish you all the best. The only advise I can pass on to you is to stay as positive as possible...ask you doctor an bunch of questions and make sure they tell you every thing. Do not allow them to get away with simple answers....you want the truth and tell them that.

Again, I wish you all the best.

Leonard from Alamo California

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for your reply and you are right cyberknife won't help me at the moment when I spoke to my Oncology Doctor today she said it would interfere with my chemo which worked so well for me after being diagnosed in September 2011 by shrinking the mass on my pancreas and also the mets in my liver, I will hope with lots of prayers that it will do the same thing again.

Sheann  

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by Solutions on Tue Jan 22, 2013 03:07 AM

Quote | Reply

Hi Sheann...I just want you to know...everyone is different and Chemo may help. The problem with chemo and this cancer is that when it spreads it is very aggressive and somethings chemo can not defeat this cancer...but remember all bodies are not the same...you just may the person to prove all the researchers wrong....I am on you side....lets prove them wrong.

Take care...Bless you.

Leonard

I don't know what she means by interfering with the Chemo. Cyberknife treatment and Chemo are very different. my wife did oral chemo and at the same time did 3D-Conformal pin pointed radiation with 5 sessiond to Cyberknife treatments.

Yes it worked...but my wife bile duct tumor was not where your's is located...that is very important.

My comment is related to the doctors comment about interfering with the chemo.

What ever...trust in your doctor or ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE THEM TELL YOU THE TRUTH.

I am hope for all the best for you.

Leonard

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by shelby1 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 03:26 PM

Quote | Reply

Sheann,

Is it back? I thought that Folfirinox would be the best choice, than Cyberknife after. We're in the same boat but can't do Folfirinox because of low counts. We are again looking into Nanoknife but are doing the chemo than Cyberknife or sterotactic radiation.  Hopkins recommends the Cyberknife for us but our doctor is holding that till after chemo.I understand that Folfirinox is the best. How about Abraxane/Gemzar or Abraxane alone? Ask questions and ask for better explaination.

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by sheann on Wed Jan 23, 2013 08:01 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jan 22, 2013 3:26 PM shelby1 wrote:

Sheann,

Is it back? I thought that Folfirinox would be the best choice, than Cyberknife after. We're in the same boat but can't do Folfirinox because of low counts. We are again looking into Nanoknife but are doing the chemo than Cyberknife or sterotactic radiation.  Hopkins recommends the Cyberknife for us but our doctor is holding that till after chemo.I understand that Folfirinox is the best. How about Abraxane/Gemzar or Abraxane alone? Ask questions and ask for better explaination.

Hello Shelby,

I did do well on the folfirinox but after a 6 month break my last scan showed a slight growth in the pancreas and liver, I research cyberknife but after speaking to my Oncology Doctor she explaine that I have a few floating cells that the cyberknife wouldn't help with, which I guess could attack other organs so I started back on folfirinox yesterday with lots of optimisum and hope it will work for a second time, there is still a possibilty I will try cyberknife in the future. I don't know if I mentioned this but I did get 30 per cent shrinkage then 6 months of stable results which I made the very best of, I also checked out Nanoknife which isn't a availabe here in Canada.

I would very much like to keep in touch and hear what chemo you choose which ever I hope it works a miracle.

Take care and here's hoping for healthy days ahead. Sheann 

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by shelby1 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 01:42 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jan 23, 2013 8:01 PM sheann wrote:

On Jan 22, 2013 3:26 PM shelby1 wrote:

Sheann,

Is it back? I thought that Folfirinox would be the best choice, than Cyberknife after. We're in the same boat but can't do Folfirinox because of low counts. We are again looking into Nanoknife but are doing the chemo than Cyberknife or sterotactic radiation.  Hopkins recommends the Cyberknife for us but our doctor is holding that till after chemo.I understand that Folfirinox is the best. How about Abraxane/Gemzar or Abraxane alone? Ask questions and ask for better explaination.

Hello Shelby,

I did do well on the folfirinox but after a 6 month break my last scan showed a slight growth in the pancreas and liver, I research cyberknife but after speaking to my Oncology Doctor she explaine that I have a few floating cells that the cyberknife wouldn't help with, which I guess could attack other organs so I started back on folfirinox yesterday with lots of optimisum and hope it will work for a second time, there is still a possibilty I will try cyberknife in the future. I don't know if I mentioned this but I did get 30 per cent shrinkage then 6 months of stable results which I made the very best of, I also checked out Nanoknife which isn't a availabe here in Canada.

I would very much like to keep in touch and hear what chemo you choose which ever I hope it works a miracle.

Take care and here's hoping for healthy days ahead. Sheann 

Hi Sheann,

We tried Gemzar, but now back on Xelox which worked for us in the past. Love to go to Folfirinox but low platelets and 5-FU didn't work in the past. Tried to get some sort or maintainance but doctor said no, changed doctors and will do maintainance if able to down the line.  Best of luck with the Folfirinox!!!

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by sheann on Thu Jan 24, 2013 02:02 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jan 24, 2013 1:42 PM shelby1 wrote:

On Jan 23, 2013 8:01 PM sheann wrote:

On Jan 22, 2013 3:26 PM shelby1 wrote:

Sheann,

Is it back? I thought that Folfirinox would be the best choice, than Cyberknife after. We're in the same boat but can't do Folfirinox because of low counts. We are again looking into Nanoknife but are doing the chemo than Cyberknife or sterotactic radiation.  Hopkins recommends the Cyberknife for us but our doctor is holding that till after chemo.I understand that Folfirinox is the best. How about Abraxane/Gemzar or Abraxane alone? Ask questions and ask for better explaination.

Hello Shelby,

I did do well on the folfirinox but after a 6 month break my last scan showed a slight growth in the pancreas and liver, I research cyberknife but after speaking to my Oncology Doctor she explaine that I have a few floating cells that the cyberknife wouldn't help with, which I guess could attack other organs so I started back on folfirinox yesterday with lots of optimisum and hope it will work for a second time, there is still a possibilty I will try cyberknife in the future. I don't know if I mentioned this but I did get 30 per cent shrinkage then 6 months of stable results which I made the very best of, I also checked out Nanoknife which isn't a availabe here in Canada.

I would very much like to keep in touch and hear what chemo you choose which ever I hope it works a miracle.

Take care and here's hoping for healthy days ahead. Sheann 

Hi Sheann,

We tried Gemzar, but now back on Xelox which worked for us in the past. Love to go to Folfirinox but low platelets and 5-FU didn't work in the past. Tried to get some sort or maintainance but doctor said no, changed doctors and will do maintainance if able to down the line.  Best of luck with the Folfirinox!!!

Good Morning,

I do hope that the Xelox will work again, I guess we just have to keep trying, what works for some doesnt for others, the maintenance really sounds like a good idea, I will certainly mention that to my Doctor in the hopes when the treatment works again, i am also keeping the cyberknife as one of my options at a later time.

Hope today is a good day. Sheann

RE: Cyberknife Treatments

by Solutions on Thu Jan 24, 2013 07:06 PM

Quote | Reply

Hello,

This message is for Sheann, Shelby1.

It sounds like you both should have MD after you name.

Lack of trust for your medical team caring for you is not the best medicine. Running around changing doctors because you don't like what he/she says is also the makings of a disaster. You may not understand why I am saying this, but if you continue down that path, you will soon realize you are standing alone with a very serious problem.

I would take a step back and think about what you both are saying.

I wish you all the best now and in the furure.

Bless you...Leonard from Alamo Califorina

14 Posts | Page(s): 1 2  Next 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

CancerCompass Survey

If you were considering traveling for cancer treatment, which headline would you find more interesting?

Get $75 for taking a research survey

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.