Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

19 Posts | Page(s): 1 2  Next 

Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by geranymo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 07:16 AM

Quote | Reply

I asked my question but didn't list a cancer type.

 

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by mamacandi on Sun Feb 03, 2013 04:53 PM

Quote | Reply

On Feb 02, 2013 7:16 AM geranymo wrote:

I asked my question but didn't list a cancer type.

 

scared  that was my first thought last year when a spot i had for a long time woke up and began to grow....Then my mind wouldn't let me rest,  wasn't going to do anything ,but live it out.....but family and a very special 10 year old had me re visit my thoughts..3 months ago I had surgery and am doing well.

I met some really nice people that fought and are here for support one  woman I meet her is so awsome..Right now she needs hugs as her husband died three weeks ago and she is dealing with that and a new illness.... 

good luck  

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by paisley157 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 06:08 PM

Quote | Reply

i am happy that you were drawn to treatment even when you yourself had already decided it was not what thought you anted for yourself.. it is my sincerest hope that yout tx will render you cancer free for many years to come..

i, too,, share such a friend,, and my heart continues to be with her with every beat of her heart thru this gieving process..

i am sermising that the cancer,, if you could see it,, was skin cancer?? am i correct to surmise this??

jodi

jodi

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by caroldenice52 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 06:48 PM

Quote | Reply
Hi sweetie, I totally understand your emotions!!! I don't know what to feel either. Our emotions are in overload!!!! I wish you love and compasion. Try to think positive thoughts and know that you are not alone. My cancer is in my breast, I have been through the coctails of chemo and radiation, now I'm just waiting for a few months to see if they were successful... I want my energy back!!! I am sure you feel the same.. Love ya, Denice

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by mamacandi on Mon Feb 04, 2013 05:19 PM

Quote | Reply

On Feb 03, 2013 6:08 PM paisley157 wrote:

i am happy that you were drawn to treatment even when you yourself had already decided it was not what thought you anted for yourself.. it is my sincerest hope that yout tx will render you cancer free for many years to come..

i, too,, share such a friend,, and my heart continues to be with her with every beat of her heart thru this gieving process..

i am sermising that the cancer,, if you could see it,, was skin cancer?? am i correct to surmise this??

jodi

jodi

no lung cancer   my daughter has MM and we just found a new spot on her back  good thoughts needed 

Candi

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by geranymo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 02:33 AM

Quote | Reply

On Feb 03, 2013 4:53 PM mamacandi wrote:

On Feb 02, 2013 7:16 AM geranymo wrote:

I asked my question but didn't list a cancer type.

 

scared  that was my first thought last year when a spot i had for a long time woke up and began to grow....Then my mind wouldn't let me rest,  wasn't going to do anything ,but live it out.....but family and a very special 10 year old had me re visit my thoughts..3 months ago I had surgery and am doing well.

I met some really nice people that fought and are here for support one  woman I meet her is so awsome..Right now she needs hugs as her husband died three weeks ago and she is dealing with that and a new illness.... 

good luck  

Thank you for your response. I was begining to think no one would since I don't have a definite diagnosis yet. I went in for pretesting today and the surgery is still on for Friday the eighth. I am trying to prepare mentally and I guess Im doing ok. I am 43 yrs young (LOL) and never smoked. I know they have a male picture up but I am a female. I will continue to keep everyone on the site in my prayers as I pray for all who suffer.

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by geranymo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 03:09 AM

Quote | Reply

I have a couple of post please read them all. I don't know what to feel and I'm trying to keep my family in good spirits. If after reading my previous post someone out there can relate to what I'm going through and respond I would appreciate it. Thank You in advance.

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by paisley157 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 03:11 AM

Quote | Reply

i have sent you a friends request so that i can keep tabs on you!!!

you have an amazing husband and a miracle in the shape of a ten year old child at your side,, praying for you every step of the way..

and now you have me..

please know i am here for you,, will be with you in spirit on friday,, and i offer myself willingly to the powers as the joyful recipient of any and all of your suffering... you so do not deserve this..

you have so much to live for.. i will be awaiting an update when you feel up to it!!!

godspeed!!!

jodi

xxoo

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by thebyrdsfriend on Tue Feb 05, 2013 01:39 PM

Quote | Reply

On Feb 05, 2013 3:09 AM geranymo wrote:

I have a couple of post please read them all. I don't know what to feel and I'm trying to keep my family in good spirits. If after reading my previous post someone out there can relate to what I'm going through and respond I would appreciate it. Thank You in advance.

I think the first thing I did was ask my doctor for a prescription for xanax.  I didn't and don't take it every day, only occaisionally when I get that anxious feeling about an upcoming ct scan.  But, back in the beginning when all I could think of was "cancer cancer cancer" it helped me tremendously. I was more relaxed while being able to go on living during the "waiting" period of tests.  You don't say what type of surgery you're having.  I'm going to guess and say that you're having a lobectomy.  I'm here to tell you I've been there, and that I was totally caught by surprise at how well pain management was handled.  It actually took until the 3rd biopsy for me to even get a diagnosis of cancer.  They kept telling me there were no signs of cancer.  But, since I had already had a wedge resection (which finally gave the diagnosis) there was too much scar tissue to do another one.  So I had to have a more radical approach, and have the huge scars to prove it.  It was not as easy as the wedge resection, which is probably what you'll have.  But I can tell you with both procedures, the drain tube under my boob is the area that hurt the most, and the one that sometimes to this day gives me trouble. (like wearing a bra)

I can relate to what you are going through, and believe it or not so can every one of us lung cancer patients.  You've got us here to cheer you on, answer your questions, and just generally keep you in good spirits!!  

We were all scared out of our wits.  My own father died of lung cancer 1 week shy of a year from his diagnosis.  So, I thought I too, had the same outcome.  Well, that was 1989, and my dad had small cell lung cancer, not non small cell lung cancer.  A HUGE difference.  

Anyway, I'm just guessing you'll have a lobectomy, but you may just have a wedge resection, which means they only take out the tumor.  Whatever you have done, lol, I've been through it because I've had both.  So, let me know if you have any questions.  

Take care, and think about getting something for anxiety, you don't need anti-depresents, just something for when you feel like you need to just relax from the stress of this whole mess.

Byrd

RE: Don't Know How To Feel ::Lung Cancer

by paisley157 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 01:55 PM

Quote | Reply

i too, totally believe in anti anxiety meds.. i have been on valium (diazapam)  10mgr for years,, and had him up me to two a day just last week,, and i do take them faithfully,, not only due to my dx,, but because i have panic attacks..

so glad to hear you are here for her with hands on experience byrd.. equally as glad to hear that pain managemnt is swift and accurate on these proceedures.. that is soooo important!!!!

i am here for moral support,, but cannot share the experience.. you will be a wealth of knowledge,, and a great comfort i am sure..i know you have been to me already!!!

and as for you geranymo,, i am with you every step of the way.. friday is all about you in my book!!!!

jodi

xxoo

19 Posts | Page(s): 1 2  Next 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

CancerCompass Survey

If you were considering traveling for cancer treatment, which headline would you find more interesting?

Get $75 for taking a research survey

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.