Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

70 Posts | Page(s): 1 2 3 4 5 ...67 Next 

Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Musiclover on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Looking for treatment in Mexico after friends cancer spread to liver and lungs, he's had three chemo regimens and nothing's worked.  Dr. said "chemo is not working."  No kidding.  Now want to put him on trial with Erbitux and something called E7820.  Not much home that traditional methods will suddenly work and concerned that more will just do in him.  Already tired constantly with back pain and no appetite.

 Has anyone our there with stage IV and mets gone into remission?  Tired of the promises and worsening health problems. 

 Kathryn

http://www.acscsn.org/webpages/view 

 

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Fairbite on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 12/15/2006 Musiclover wrote:

Looking for treatment in Mexico after friends cancer spread to liver and lungs, he's had three chemo regimens and nothing's worked.  Dr. said "chemo is not working."  No kidding.  Now want to put him on trial with Erbitux and something called E7820.  Not much home that traditional methods will suddenly work and concerned that more will just do in him.  Already tired constantly with back pain and no appetite.

 Has anyone our there with stage IV and mets gone into remission?  Tired of the promises and worsening health problems. 

 Kathryn

http://www.acscsn.org/webpages/view 

 


Hi Kathryn,

Conventional medicine doesn't have many Stage IV survival stories. 

There is a nonprofit/nontoxic center that has a 65 year history of successfully treating late stage conditions.  I believe every cancer patient should embrace the therapy that was perfected at this center.  Here's the web address:

www.gerson.org             (888) 443-7766        (619) 685-5353 PST

Another nonprofit/nontoxic center with a 30 year history of successfully dealing with critically ill patients is at the following address:

www.Brightspot.org         (316) 682-3100  CST

If economically feasible...I would embrace both of these therapies.

Morgan

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Sue63 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Kathryn,

I was diagnosed with stage IV cancer of the tongue that had spread to my lymph nodes in September 2004. I had surgery followed by radiaiton and chemo. And so far so good. I have had testing done every 3 months and so far I am clear of cancer .

Sue

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Wamba138 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Kathryn,

As a response to Morgan's email, I say "Be careful".  Alternative therapies are dubious.  They can point to a few survivors, but so can conventional medicine.

Most alternative clinics are just out for your money.  If they could cure even 5% of stage IV cancers, there would be a stampede to get into their clinic.

Look hard at their claims.  Look hard at the condition of your friend.  I hope you can find a cure.  Your friend is lucky to have you.

Rick

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Lemondrop on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
Please read all material you can get your hands on regarding IV Vitamin C therapy as an alternative or adjunct treatment to chemo. There is currently clinical safety trials going on showing some promising results. It would certainly be worth a try.

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Shemay on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply
I have been using alternative therapy for my cancer for over two and a half years and have never felt healthier in my life. When I was diagnosed in May 2004 with non Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancerous lymph node on the heart and a large mass in my chest which had caused the partial collapse of my right lung, the onc I was referred to told me I would need the strongest chemo available in order to "perhaps" save myself. Instead, I did lots of research and opted for an alternative path. I follow a regimen for detoxification and regeneration which I will gladly supply free of charge for anyone interested. In actuality, there are many many people flocking to the doors of reputable alternative clinics. If you look up the statistics, over 60% of Americans and about the same percentage of Canadians are using alternative medicine for many conditions. There is a worlwide movement towards this modality and other modalities as well one very important one being the mind/body connection. Anyone interested in doing their own research on this subject should feel free to contact me and I can supply you with some very informative websites. There is ALWAYS hope! Shemay On 12/15/2006 Wamba138 wrote: Quote Kathryn,As a response to Morgan's email, I say "Be careful".  Alternative therapies are dubious.  They can point to a few survivors, but so can conventional medicine.Most alternative clinics are just out for your money.  If they could cure even 5% of stage IV cancers, there would be a stampede to get into their clinic.Look hard at their claims.  Look hard at the condition of your friend.  I hope you can find a cure.  Your friend is lucky to have you.Rick -----end quote------

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Cptmac on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

I am a stage IV survivor.  I had colon cancer with mets to the liver.  By my initial Dr.'s I was told I could die at any minute and could live for 18 months with surgery.  I kept doing research and looked for good Dr.'s.

My new Dr.'s said although stage IV is bad, they thought they could cure me.   

I could not believe I was that sick, when I seemed so healthy.  Even after my annual physical, I was told I was healthy.  It was a total fluke that I even had a colonoscopy. 

I was diagnosed in July of '04, I finished my chemo in June of '05 and am doing quite well.  I started off with dismal odds of 5% chance of survival, up to 80%.  I'm cancer free and extremely greatful.

 

 

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Victerina on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

 

On 12/15/2006 Shemay wrote:

I have been using alternative therapy for my cancer for over two and a half years and have never felt healthier in my life. When I was diagnosed in May 2004 with non Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancerous lymph node on the heart and a large mass in my chest which had caused the partial collapse of my right lung, the onc I was referred to told me I would need the strongest chemo available in order to "perhaps" save myself. Instead, I did lots of research and opted for an alternative path. I follow a regimen for detoxification and regeneration which I will gladly supply free of charge for anyone interested. In actuality, there are many many people flocking to the doors of reputable alternative clinics. If you look up the statistics, over 60% of Americans and about the same percentage of Canadians are using alternative medicine for many conditions. There is a worlwide movement towards this modality and other modalities as well one very important one being the mind/body connection. Anyone interested in doing their own research on this subject should feel free to contact me and I can supply you with some very informative websites. There is ALWAYS hope! Shemay On 12/15/2006 Wamba138 wrote: Quote Kathryn,As a response to Morgan's email, I say "Be careful".  Alternative therapies are dubious.  They can point to a few survivors, but so can conventional medicine.Most alternative clinics are just out for your money.  If they could cure even 5% of stage IV cancers, there would be a stampede to get into their clinic.Look hard at their claims.  Look hard at the condition of your friend.  I hope you can find a cure.  Your friend is lucky to have you.Rick -----end quote------

Shemay,

 

you talk about alternative medicine in your story, i was wondering if you could let me know what you did in your regiment for detoxification. My husband has cancer of the pancreas and now has moved to the lungs. he has done chemo for 8 months and the cancer in the pancreas has stayed the same, but the nodes in the lungs seem to be getting bigger. we just start using alternative treatments and would love some more info on it..

I thank you for you time and info..

all the best

vic

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Musiclover on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

Who is your doctor?  Everyone's given up on Mark.  He's at County hospital in Los Angeles.

Thanks!

Kathryn 

RE: Any Stage IV success stories? Chemo not working.

by Cptmac on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote | Reply

This is my oncologist

http://www.med.umn.edu/hot/faculty/greeno/home.html

He can get you through the system.  However he works with gastreointestinal cancers.  I didn't see where Mark's original cancer came from. 

Here is the phone number for the scheduling desk

800-688-5252

Ask for the Masonic Cancer Center

The non-800 is 612-625-5411 x2 x1

The triage nurse's number is Triage nurse 612-626-9627

My Primary Care Physician up there is http://www.med.umn.edu/gim/faculty/macomberd.html

His number is

612-624-9499 x2

The Mayo clinic is also a great place to go to.  I chose to go to the U of M because Dr. Rothenburger is one of America's Top Doctors for colon surgery.

I'll be gone for the weekend, but I'm always happy to answer any questions.  I know when I was first diagnosed, I was desperate to find what worked for other Stage IV colon cancer survivors.  Sadly, no one was on the board to help me. 

Let me know how I can be of help.

70 Posts | Page(s): 1 2 3 4 5 ...67 Next 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

CancerCompass Survey

If you were considering traveling for cancer treatment, which headline would you find more interesting?

Get $75 for taking a research survey

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.