I'm an eight year survivor of Oligodendroglioma. A slow growing tumor deep in my left temporal lobe that was starting to advance to a high level. One of my doctors here in Louisville advised me to make a trip to MDAnderson in Houston. The great thing was that they were able to remove 85% of the tumor and chemo was able to stop the other 15%.
What hit me the worse was I was put back on about a first grade level and almost had to learn all over again. Also my doctors told me that going back to work was out of the question but stay busy. So I help public radio here in Louisville, a high school football team and a brain tumor support group