T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

67 Posts | Page(s): Prev 12...3 4 5 6 7  Next 

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by sudershan on Mon Sep 14, 2015 04:54 AM

Quote | Reply

She was operated on july 22 we got the biopsy reports on aug 12 we took her to Rgcirc.org , She was first seen by medical oncologists who refered her to surgical oncologists.

Both teams of doctors suggested 3 chemo then surgery

We have consulted with doctos in Nepal, they also suggested to completed advised 3 chemo cycles then go for a review and surgery.

Thank you Maudise!!! We would talk to doctors again!!!
regards, take care

Sudershan Thaiba

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by Maudsie on Mon Sep 14, 2015 06:39 PM

Quote | Reply

Keep in touch, let me know how everything goes.

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by sudershan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 04:27 AM

Quote | Reply

Hello Maudise My mother completed her 2nd chemo cycle she is looking good

Doctors said that there was internal swelling so they advised chemo first and then surgery

regards

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by CisforCarol on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:08 PM

Quote | Reply

On Sep 22, 2015 4:27 AM sudershan wrote:

Hello Maudise My mother completed her 2nd chemo cycle she is looking good

Doctors said that there was internal swelling so they advised chemo first and then surgery

regards

Maudsie - Nameste

How is your mother?

I am 62 - I have Stage IV GB cancer - inoperable -just treatable - metastasized in to 7 other organs.

so i am really glad to hear any news about other people.

Everyone keep posting.

C is for Carol - in Richardson TX 

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by sudershan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:44 AM

Quote | Reply

Hello Carol How are u doing?

Stay positive!!!!

regards

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by Maudsie on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:42 AM

Quote | Reply

On Jan 12, 2016 11:08 PM CisforCarol wrote:

On Sep 22, 2015 4:27 AM sudershan wrote:

Hello Maudise My mother completed her 2nd chemo cycle she is looking good

Doctors said that there was internal swelling so they advised chemo first and then surgery

regards

Maudsie - Nameste

How is your mother?

I am 62 - I have Stage IV GB cancer - inoperable -just treatable - metastasized in to 7 other organs.

so i am really glad to hear any news about other people.

Everyone keep posting.

C is for Carol - in Richardson TX 

Hi Carol -- just to clarify -- I'm not the lady in India with the mother, I'm just someone who responded to her.  I had Stage II -- which was operable.

     I am so sorry to hear about your GB cancer,  are you going to MD Anderson in Houston?    A great place!

Best of luck to you --

Maudsie

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by CisforCarol on Sat Jan 16, 2016 07:22 AM

Quote | Reply

On Jan 14, 2016 11:42 AM Maudsie wrote:

On Jan 12, 2016 11:08 PM CisforCarol wrote:

On Sep 22, 2015 4:27 AM sudershan wrote:

Hello Maudise My mother completed her 2nd chemo cycle she is looking good

Doctors said that there was internal swelling so they advised chemo first and then surgery

regards

Maudsie - Nameste

How is your mother?

I am 62 - I have Stage IV GB cancer - inoperable -just treatable - metastasized in to 7 other organs.

so i am really glad to hear any news about other people.

Everyone keep posting.

C is for Carol - in Richardson TX 

Hi Carol -- just to clarify -- I'm not the lady in India with the mother, I'm just someone who responded to her.  I had Stage II -- which was operable.

     I am so sorry to hear about your GB cancer,  are you going to MD Anderson in Houston?    A great place!

Best of luck to you --

Maudsie

Seems a lot of people either had surgery and THEN found out they gad cancer or knew they had it and had the surgery.

My oncologist said I was not a candidate for any resection as the metastasized areas were too extensive. 

Do you know if your medical story got reported or written up in any oncology publications.  My reserve says fewer than 10000 a year in usa are diagnosed. ...kandy only about 5000 last year.

C is for Carol ...richardson tx

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by Maudsie on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 PM

Quote | Reply

Hi Carol -- 

Well, one thing that is often happens, as it did in my case, is that some of us had GB surgery for gallstones or related problems.....THEN found out there was cancer there....THEN had a larger more extensive surgery to both stage the cancer and hopfully remove what was able to be found locally.  In my case, the cancer invaded the portion of liver that was next to the gb...and that was it.  I did have folow-up radiation and chemo just to be sure.  I as very lucky.

   And actually I did tell my cancer story to a publication by the Bloch cancer foundation. (don't know if it was ever in print or just avaialable on line) -- I was a volunteer for them.

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by pandawarrior on Fri Feb 10, 2017 04:36 AM

Quote | Reply

Hello Maudsie,

Your story is somewhat similar to my mom and gives me a sense of comfort knowing there is hope as I'm hanging onto dear faith and hope for her. My mom was diagnosed with GC in December after having to go to ER for intense pain which initially thought was due to gallstones. When she had her gallbladder removed, it was then determined it was stage 3 cancer in which it did go through the walls to the liver but no cancer found in lymph nodes. So 4 days after she had gallbladder removed, she had liver resection surgery to remove finger size portion closest to the part where gallbladder was to liver. Mom is in good spirits and has surprisingly tolerated chemo drugs Gemzar and Xeloda. This is her 2nd week on chemo. Only unsettling thing that we came to find is the CA 19-9 tumor marker cancer blood test. Each time she goes in for infusion, she gets blood test. And since January, her tumor marker levels have been elevated. It was at its lowest post liver surgery but now has been significantly elevated about 8 weeks post surgery. Her oncologist has ordered a CT scan. Mom is also on similar plan where after 12 weeks on chemo, she will have to do 5 days radiation with Xeloda.

My question to you is do you recall your cancer tumor marker test levels pre, during, and post chemo and radiation treatment? Did you have to do CT scans pre, mid, and post too?

Lora

RE: T2 Adenocarcinoma, Chemo?

by Maudsie on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:47 AM

Quote | Reply

Hi Lora, so sorry about your mom.  It does sound almost exactly like my story, both the cancer stage and cancer treatment.  (I am assuming the "finger-size" liver portion did show direct invasion from the GB, but that the margins were clear and negative, yes?)  Yes I had CT scans before we started treatment, a few times in the middle, and then a few times when we were all done, very spread apart, just to make sure that it was gone for good.  The CA 19-9 marker is where we differ.  Mine was always ridiculously low, even before the liver resection surgery when cancer was still in there.  The numbers were like 12 each time.  So I don't put a lot of faith in this particular test, and from what I hear the experts don't either.  At best, it can be a guide to see a trend, numbers going down over time, etc.  Having a CT scan at this time sounds like a great idea.  Do let me know how it goes!  I know just how nervous, anxious, and on pins and needles you  all are!  Fingers crossed,

Maudsie

67 Posts | Page(s): Prev 12...3 4 5 6 7  Next 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.