Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

203 Posts | Page(s): Prev 12...17 18 19 20 21  Next 

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by waiting on Thu Jul 24, 2014 04:12 PM

Quote | Reply

Grieving is good - but do not dwell on it - embrace your life as it is - there is no time period on grief - it could last to some extent for the rest of your life - but embrace the positive - think of the wonderful times you had with her - that is what I do - I think of all the good things about Derek and I smile - sometimes I even chuckle out loud - laughter is a great healer -- waiting THIS IS FOR BOB

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by carrieg55 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 04:15 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jul 24, 2014 4:04 PM bobss396 wrote:

On Jul 24, 2014 3:36 PM carrieg55 wrote:

I am happy to report I have slept in our bed for the last two nights!!!!! I do feel better, I still need to keep the tv on and a light I do have the light on a timer and I have been waking at some point and turning off the tv......its an improvement....baby steps....not sure what I think would happen if I didn't have a light or the tv on.......hmmmm might have to try it some night......

Thank you Bobs, Stephen, Wildrose, Irene, Sue, and all the others on the bereavement site it sure helps to read we are all going through the same struggles and what we do to get through another day, to learn how to live and go on even if it means baby steps all the way! you have all been a blessing to me, this site has been a blessing. 

You have reached a milestone, good for you!

I have the TV on, the AC and a small fan. The noise is welcome. I still wake up at odd times. But I keep the bed neat with nothing else on it.

Bob, you have been an inspiration I remember reading you had returned to sleeping in your bed, you also noted how the couch was killing your back....I had to laugh here we are both ailing when we have beds we could sleep on that would be way more comfortable.

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by wildrose on Thu Jul 24, 2014 04:16 PM

Quote | Reply

Once I refinished a old piano that my great grandfather had sent to Chicago for back before Texas became a state. It was beautiful it had carving on the front and on the inside handpainted roses. when it was fiished it was Mahoghony I had thought it was black all my life. I played the piano, my mother and the woman her aunt it was bought for, but now it's gone. Just like other things in life. I miss all the things that held meaning to me that belonged to my family from so many years ago but those were just things and I have the memories of the loved ones.

My dad got my husband an old ford truck the kind with the stick shift in the floor and you had to pull out a something on the dash as yo were starting it with the key. We loved that old truck. One day coming back from hunting with one of his friends somehow the gun went off it was pointed at the floor of the truck went thru the floor hit the tire and all the dirt that had been in the truck for so many years was all over Mike when he walked into the house. The only thing that wasn't brown was his eyes LOL.

wildrose

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by bobss396 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 07:27 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jul 24, 2014 4:12 PM waiting wrote:

Grieving is good - but do not dwell on it - embrace your life as it is - there is no time period on grief - it could last to some extent for the rest of your life - but embrace the positive - think of the wonderful times you had with her - that is what I do - I think of all the good things about Derek and I smile - sometimes I even chuckle out loud - laughter is a great healer -- waiting THIS IS FOR BOB

I get better little by little, I do recall the good times and we had plenty of those. I'm not up to the laughing state yet.

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by bobss396 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 07:29 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jul 24, 2014 4:15 PM carrieg55 wrote:

On Jul 24, 2014 4:04 PM bobss396 wrote:

On Jul 24, 2014 3:36 PM carrieg55 wrote:

I am happy to report I have slept in our bed for the last two nights!!!!! I do feel better, I still need to keep the tv on and a light I do have the light on a timer and I have been waking at some point and turning off the tv......its an improvement....baby steps....not sure what I think would happen if I didn't have a light or the tv on.......hmmmm might have to try it some night......

Thank you Bobs, Stephen, Wildrose, Irene, Sue, and all the others on the bereavement site it sure helps to read we are all going through the same struggles and what we do to get through another day, to learn how to live and go on even if it means baby steps all the way! you have all been a blessing to me, this site has been a blessing. 

You have reached a milestone, good for you!

I have the TV on, the AC and a small fan. The noise is welcome. I still wake up at odd times. But I keep the bed neat with nothing else on it.

Bob, you have been an inspiration I remember reading you had returned to sleeping in your bed, you also noted how the couch was killing your back....I had to laugh here we are both ailing when we have beds we could sleep on that would be way more comfortable.

I have a very serious back injury too. Through April to June, I had to put my own problems on hold completely. This is what drove me back into bed more than anything, but Barbara not being there was the tie breaker for a long time until I overcame it. 

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by Marie55 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 09:29 PM

Quote | Reply
Thank you Waiting for those encouraging words. Just hard to go to medical procedures alone now. My husband always went along, and then afterwards we would go for coffee or do something special. I am thankful for all the love and support on this forum. Carrie and Bob, glad you are back to sleeping in bed. Baby steps.

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by carrieg55 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 AM

Quote | Reply

I could not wait to get on tonight to share my story, I loved reading the posts and all the signs from  loved ones that have passed, it gave us hope to what feels like a hopeless situation.

I have seen some small signs like the butterfly the other day, me finding hubbys pocket knife after I asked him aloud to please help me even though he was no longer here, before he passed he said he looked under the bed and that is where I found it.

the rainbows after his passing all signs but....I was still skeptical until today....

All week I wanted to go to the cemetery I kept thinking I want to go but something always seemed to come up. 

One of the ladies from the bereavement group and I have a lot in common we live in a small town so its natural we would live close to each other. I have become close to the ladies from group they live near me and there is only two of us and one other lady that I brought into the group a couple of weeks ago she is from my church.

The one lady that I have a lot in common with her husband happens to be buried in the same cemetery as my sweet hubby, they both served in the Navy, they passed two months apart, they were both in the same hospice facility. 

I went to the cemetery today I went to where my husband is I began to tell him all about what is going on and telling him I hope he is looking down on me and proud of the things I am doing in our home. After a few minutes and some tears I told him I will be right back I started to look for my friends spouse, they are both in a new section which means they are close to each other my hubby is in section "C" her spouse in section "B".

I walked around and around I looked for a good 15 - 20 minutes no luck and it is hotter then haitis out there of course I went in the hottest time of the day.

When I went back to my hubbys marker I told him why I had been walking around I explained I was in the group and her spouse was some where near but, I can't find him I asked hubby if you can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

One minute later I turned to look at the wall behind me and I saw the stone with her hubbys name on it!!!!!! imagine my surprise!! I could not believe it, it has certainly made a believer out of me I do believe it was a sign from hubby, what a wonderful gift. 

I cannot wait to tell my friend what happened. 

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by Marie55 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 05:36 AM

Quote | Reply
Carrie, yes, always signs. It just brings me to tears... Since my husband passed, the electricity in my house has gone bonkers at times. Lights flicker more, or a switch seems to be moved up or down to change the lighting. I have seen species of birds in our yard which have never been there in the last 27 years. Many little things ... And it is a comfort. When I went to visit family in May in another state, I was in their car just thinking "please give me a sign that you are with me" and when I turned my head -- there was a restaurant right there with my husband's first name. It really threw me for a loop. I loved your post today, and I just know your husband was showing you how to find your friend's husband. It is so nice you have made some widow friends in the group. Everyone so understanding and they know what we are going through because they are in the same boat. Many blessings,

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by carrieg55 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 01:06 PM

Quote | Reply

On Jul 25, 2014 5:36 AM Marie55 wrote:

Carrie, yes, always signs. It just brings me to tears... Since my husband passed, the electricity in my house has gone bonkers at times. Lights flicker more, or a switch seems to be moved up or down to change the lighting. I have seen species of birds in our yard which have never been there in the last 27 years. Many little things ... And it is a comfort. When I went to visit family in May in another state, I was in their car just thinking "please give me a sign that you are with me" and when I turned my head -- there was a restaurant right there with my husband's first name. It really threw me for a loop. I loved your post today, and I just know your husband was showing you how to find your friend's husband. It is so nice you have made some widow friends in the group. Everyone so understanding and they know what we are going through because they are in the same boat. Many blessings,

Thank you Marie, loved reading your post now what were the chances when you asked for a sign that you would see a restaurant with the same name!!!! it has brought me so much comfort to know he is watching over me, I have so many projects going hoping this will help to motivate me to know that he is smiling down on me. 

I called my friend last night to tell her what happened she started crying I started crying it was tears of joy, we were both happy just to think they are in fact looking down on us. 

May these signs never stop coming. 

RE: Finding Comfort - Any Signs After They Passed?...

by wildrose on Fri Jul 25, 2014 02:53 PM

Quote | Reply

I went to see my best friend yesterday abd spent the day with her it was a wonderful day. she has one more chemo treatment to go and she has a better outcome than she thought she would ever have.

My husbands death was hard for her she was with us when we meet and she is like my sister and going through what she was going thru and Mike was always telling me when to call it was like they had a connection somhow.

Linda (my friend) had a dog called Cooper, he would wear sun visors when they went golfing and at the parade one year on the 4th on July she put a cowboy hat and bandanna on Cooper and we went to the parade Cooper was a hit LOL...well Cooper had to be put to sleep the other day ...that night Linda dreamed about Cooper he was in heaven looking thru a box of halo's because he had to have just the right halo.....Linda said all of a sudden Mike drove up in his pick up and reached over and opened the door and said come on Cooper you are going to be my cow dog....Cooper got in the truck with Mike ....Mike put on that little cowboy hat on him and they drove off

and this also gives me peace

wildrose

203 Posts | Page(s): Prev 12...17 18 19 20 21  Next 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.