realistic results of my sons condition

12 Posts | Page(s): Prev 1 2 

RE: realistic results of my sons condition

by jon4156 on Fri May 16, 2014 01:31 AM

Quote | Reply

I'm sorry to hear this news about your son.  If temodar failed and Avastin is not an option then the options are very limited.  Whether to install a shunt will be a tough call.  If he doesn't you may find that the additional fluid in his head causes disabilities and headaches that would otherwise be avoided.  However the risks, such as infection as someone else mentioned, would result in requirement of medical intervention at a time when he is weak.

We're sort of in the same boat.  I'm giving my wife Temodar in about five minutes.  An MRI in june will determine if it's working or not.  If not, I'm afraid we'll get word that it's time to make a tough decision.

Prayers for you both...

 

RE: realistic results of my sons condition

by Ozgirl on Fri May 16, 2014 02:37 AM

Quote | Reply
Uuugh...I hate reading these pasts and I'm thinking of you all. This time a year ago things turned ugly for us. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
12 Posts | Page(s): Prev 1 2 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.