Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

230 Posts | Page(s): Prev 12...8 9 10 11 12 ...2223 Next 

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by caroline4 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 01:12 PM

Quote | Reply
I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by Dlynn1210 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 01:36 PM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 23, 2014 1:12 PM caroline4 wrote:

I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

Hey girl -

I had our email address next to my chair to email you later today to see how you are doing.

Some mention not knowing about the dental trays - during or after treatment.  Even more didn't have them made prior to beginning treatment.  That was my first task when entering the room for my radiation - to put my trays in. 

Diana

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by Dlynn1210 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 01:37 PM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 23, 2014 1:12 PM caroline4 wrote:

I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

In a hurry heading to church so hit send before adding the most important part -

luv n stuff

Diana

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by CheyenneMoon on Sun Nov 23, 2014 02:15 PM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 23, 2014 4:22 AM hisprincesstoo wrote:

great to hear.  hey I got a question about your feeding tube being put in.  How long did that take to heal?  plus  the port?

It took two weeks for me to heal from tube but I continued with treatment. I had mine put in at the beginning if treatment. I don't have a pic line or a port.

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by Dlynn1210 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 07:02 PM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 23, 2014 4:22 AM hisprincesstoo wrote:

great to hear.  hey I got a question about your feeding tube being put in.  How long did that take to heal?  plus  the port?

The intial opening for my feeding tube healed very quickly.  When it was removed it was even quicker healing (it is just pulled out - quickly so one instant pain then over with.  The port presented a little more of a problem because I developed an infection in the area.  It was still worth it to avoid being stuck for blood tests continually.  Instead of being stuck with a needle it went into the stopped end of the port to draw blood samples.

Diana

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by BillyD on Tue Nov 25, 2014 06:15 PM

Quote | Reply
Hi cheyenneMoon, it is absolutely normal to be scared but having been there I can tell you the mask is really your friend. It makes keeping your head still so much easier than if you had to do it on your own. You should just remember that you are in it for a very short time take some deep breathes and exhale slowly. After the first couple of times it will be a piece of cake. I had radiation for 6 weeks 5 days a week with chemo once a week. Prior to radiation and chemo I had my right tonsil surgical removed and also had 33 lyhm nodes removed from right side of neck 7 had cancer but we're encapsulated. I am on my third week post treatment. The mask will stop scaring you. Just breath and try to relax and think happy thoughts. Sounds corny but works

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by caroline4 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 06:30 PM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 23, 2014 1:37 PM Dlynn1210 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:12 PM caroline4 wrote:

I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

In a hurry heading to church so hit send before adding the most important part -

luv n stuff

Diana

Hiya! Check out your pm's - I sent you a message a few weeks ago! Luv 'n stuff Andrea xxx

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by CheyenneMoon on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 AM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 25, 2014 6:30 PM caroline4 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:37 PM Dlynn1210 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:12 PM caroline4 wrote:

I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

In a hurry heading to church so hit send before adding the most important part -

luv n stuff

Diana

Hiya! Check out your pm's - I sent you a message a few weeks ago! Luv 'n stuff Andrea xxx
If you sent it to me. I never got it.

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by caroline4 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 08:13 AM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 26, 2014 12:07 AM CheyenneMoon wrote:

On Nov 25, 2014 6:30 PM caroline4 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:37 PM Dlynn1210 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:12 PM caroline4 wrote:

I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

In a hurry heading to church so hit send before adding the most important part -

luv n stuff

Diana

Hiya! Check out your pm's - I sent you a message a few weeks ago! Luv 'n stuff Andrea xxx
If you sent it to me. I never got it.
I'm not surprised,it was to Diana! Lol All the best anyway:)

RE: Scared!! Diagonosed with throat cancer

by Dlynn1210 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 04:39 PM

Quote | Reply

On Nov 26, 2014 8:13 AM caroline4 wrote:

On Nov 26, 2014 12:07 AM CheyenneMoon wrote:

On Nov 25, 2014 6:30 PM caroline4 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:37 PM Dlynn1210 wrote:

On Nov 23, 2014 1:12 PM caroline4 wrote:

I had to have mouth guards made and every day, for 5 mins, for the rest of my life have to wear them with 2mm of fluoride gel in them, to carry on protecting them. I thought everyone had to do this after radiation!

In a hurry heading to church so hit send before adding the most important part -

luv n stuff

Diana

Hiya! Check out your pm's - I sent you a message a few weeks ago! Luv 'n stuff Andrea xxx
If you sent it to me. I never got it.
I'm not surprised,it was to Diana! Lol All the best anyway:)

I'm looking - I'm back to Oct and will continue looking later today. 

luv n stuff

Diana

230 Posts | Page(s): Prev 12...8 9 10 11 12 ...2223 Next 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.