ramblings...

7 Posts | Page(s): 1 

ramblings...

by carshe on Wed Mar 04, 2015 01:32 AM

Quote | Reply

 I spent the weekend with my sister. The docs took her off the Oxaliplatin component of Folfirinox .. She goes for a 3rd CT Scan this Friday and will get the results in two weeks as she leaves for Punta Cana next Tues and is gone for a week. I am struggling with her "skipping chemos". She missed one week in October to go to PEI. where they moved it up one week. She then missed her one before Christmas because she had an obstruction so it was a full two week miss... She had one chemo and then she thought she was having seizures, and though Princess Margaret was not too concerned, they skipped another one to do an MRI of the brain which came back clear. I think that's when they took her off her Oxaliplatin. She then had two chemos and now is skipping another full one to go to Punta Cana. The nurse told her not to worry about it. They are all pleased with her progress (incl Palliative Care Docs) and though she is skinny as heck. ( she used to wear a size 22 and is now a 10) she does look good, but she is very tired. She does eat relatively well. Her toes and hands are still tingling and so she still has some trouble with dexterity and walking. When she started chemo last August, she literally had elephant feet. Her ankles swell some now but minimally. Most of her back pain now is related to bowels and she does take medication for that. After her first scan in October where the tumour did show minute shrinkage, she was told she went from a 4-6 month prognosis to a 1-2 year. Her 2nd scan showed shrinkage in both the liver mets and her pancreas tumour was now breaking up some.  GUess I am just having some scanxiety happening....and needed to vent. Anyway..praying for everyone here and will continue to hope that they come out with a cure or at least another "buy her some more time" treatment soon...xo me 

RE: ramblings...

by easternangel on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Quote | Reply

On Mar 04, 2015 1:32 AM carshe wrote:

 I spent the weekend with my sister. The docs took her off the Oxaliplatin component of Folfirinox .. She goes for a 3rd CT Scan this Friday and will get the results in two weeks as she leaves for Punta Cana next Tues and is gone for a week. I am struggling with her "skipping chemos". She missed one week in October to go to PEI. where they moved it up one week. She then missed her one before Christmas because she had an obstruction so it was a full two week miss... She had one chemo and then she thought she was having seizures, and though Princess Margaret was not too concerned, they skipped another one to do an MRI of the brain which came back clear. I think that's when they took her off her Oxaliplatin. She then had two chemos and now is skipping another full one to go to Punta Cana. The nurse told her not to worry about it. They are all pleased with her progress (incl Palliative Care Docs) and though she is skinny as heck. ( she used to wear a size 22 and is now a 10) she does look good, but she is very tired. She does eat relatively well. Her toes and hands are still tingling and so she still has some trouble with dexterity and walking. When she started chemo last August, she literally had elephant feet. Her ankles swell some now but minimally. Most of her back pain now is related to bowels and she does take medication for that. After her first scan in October where the tumour did show minute shrinkage, she was told she went from a 4-6 month prognosis to a 1-2 year. Her 2nd scan showed shrinkage in both the liver mets and her pancreas tumour was now breaking up some.  GUess I am just having some scanxiety happening....and needed to vent. Anyway..praying for everyone here and will continue to hope that they come out with a cure or at least another "buy her some more time" treatment soon...xo me 

Hi Stan and all...i hae missed coming on but was not well....i am so scared as usual...my top marker is quite high but he  doesnt have anything to  compare it with,he said it is worriesome but hopeful :) but i am awrexk.itwill take 10 days forresults.alsomy tumor grew but he also has no scan yes beause i have not had one since nov and ny chemo started in jan,,,,please kkep me in your prayers as i do you....so i have had 4 chemos now and i dont know if thats enough to say its reallly gettting bad or not.i go for tuesday to see him..at least he said he is hopeful still..i also have some bloodclots so am now injecting my self with fragmin...does anyone else have this??? I Pray you are all doing goood...we must Believe...Hugs for you all

Angel :)I so hope your sister will have a great time...how is she doing now?

HuGS

RE: ramblings...

by carshe on Sun Mar 15, 2015 06:10 AM

Quote | Reply
I haven't heard boo since she left. I am so hoping the weather has been good for her. She was very tired when I saw her the weekend of the 28th. She slept most of the time but she seems to b maintaining her weight. She gets the results of her latest scan on Thursday or Friday. Right before her chemo. I am of course so worried. But I need to have faith. And you need t as well. Bonnie's first scan showed minimal shrinkage . Like millimeters . The 2 nd was better. Make sure you get your fluids in! Happy to hear from u! Xoxo sheryl

RE: ramblings...

by carshe on Sun Mar 15, 2015 06:13 AM

Quote | Reply
Oh they figure hers had grown as well from her initial scan from June to when she started her chemo in August hence what it was only millimeters but in reality probably more? So still prayin for ya! Xxoo

RE: ramblings...

by easternangel on Sun Mar 15, 2015 07:03 PM

Quote | Reply

On Mar 15, 2015 6:10 AM carshe wrote:

I haven't heard boo since she left. I am so hoping the weather has been good for her. She was very tired when I saw her the weekend of the 28th. She slept most of the time but she seems to b maintaining her weight. She gets the results of her latest scan on Thursday or Friday. Right before her chemo. I am of course so worried. But I need to have faith. And you need t as well. Bonnie's first scan showed minimal shrinkage . Like millimeters . The 2 nd was better. Make sure you get your fluids in! Happy to hear from u! Xoxo sheryl

Hi Carshe i hope so the weather will makea big difference!! :) glad she is keeping her wieught on too.i have been losing a bit..I sure will with the fluids..Praying hoping believeing ....we have the Power!!!

HuGS Angel

RE: ramblings...

by easternangel on Sun Mar 15, 2015 07:05 PM

Quote | Reply

On Mar 15, 2015 6:13 AM carshe wrote:

Oh they figure hers had grown as well from her initial scan from June to when she started her chemo in August hence what it was only millimeters but in reality probably more? So still prayin for ya! Xxoo

It sounds like mine for sure...Faith is what he have ......hooldng on with you :)

RE: ramblings...

by carshe on Mon Mar 16, 2015 04:58 AM

Quote | Reply
She has kept her weight on since November but in one year she had lost over100 pounds.....she goes up and down but has somewhat stabilized. Xx
7 Posts | Page(s): 1 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.